Hola, once again from the MTC!
Another week down and a couple more to go here at the MTC!
This week has truly been one of a kind. Because I love lists, I made one for this week’s fun adventures.
1. Last Tuesday, Elder Richard G. Scott (a very important leader in our church)came and talked to the whole MTC! Probably one of the most inspiring experiences that I’ve ever had. He first started out with “Don’t just have a good mission, have a blast!”. I think it’s very, very, very, very important as a missionary to always be positive even when you feel like you have the world against you. This is only going to be for 18 months, and enjoy every second of it.
Then he talked about how prayer is the most vital part in our lives. Direct communication between us and God is vital for this life. Not Richard G. Scott, but Hrm. Beckstead said something that an apostle once said, you pray to God you want to talk to Him, when you read the scriptures, he can talk to you.
Another thing that Elder Scott discussed was to pray, even when you have no desire to. That’s when you need to pray. To show appreciation in prayers, even when you don’t want to. I literally have 6 pages of notes which I can barely comprehend my handwriting. it’s very hard to pick and choose, so I apologize if this is very scattered brained.
In conclusion, prayer is an expression of love and gratitude in your life. He answers in different ways, which is usually the best way for you personally.
2. Last week I described that we as missionaries practice on different members on wednesday through TRC. This week we had a special visitor: David Archuletta(famous LDS member who preformed on American Idol)! Unfortunately my trio didn’t get to teach him, but two elders in our district did! We passed by the room they were teaching in and we definitely made eye contact. It was awesome, haha.
I just think it’s so fantastic that he would give up some time in his schedule to come practice on missionaries. Props to him.
3. This week the zone leaders and I welcomed two new districts to our zone! Unfortuately, they’ll be closing the West campus (moving all spanish speakers back to main campus) on oct 8, we leave oct 6 for Argentina so we barely make it. But they might move these districts to main campus, but it’s all been rumors so far and nothing concrete.
4. Ogden, Utah Temple re-dedication was this past Sunday and the whole MTC was able to see the broadcast! It was an amazing experience. President Monson talked about how we need to love, appreciate, and attend the Temple. Another leader of the church talked about how we can be healed emotionaly at the temple through Christ. I absolutely loved that and today when we as a district attended the Temple, you could feel that power.
5. We finished up teaching our lovely TRC investigator, Hely this week. She was so patient with our spanish and teaching habits. Teaching in a trio can be hard because we have so many ideas, but we make it work 🙂
But tomorrow we get a new investigator! Super excited about that.
Other than that nothing too exciting going on here. Just trying to love every second here at the MTC! Also heard that BYU is 4-0! Holla! We can hear and see the stadium, so home games are a rough time (basically torture) here, haha.
Also, fun fact: I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon and I’m in Mosiah and it’s absolutely amazing. I love soaking up every story and principle. It’s a good time 🙂
Love y’all so much and hope you have a fantastic week!